It’s critical that you know the “rules of the game” when it comes to your Job Search Strategy. Test your knowledge by answering “True” or “False” to the following questions.
- There is a huge “hidden market” which you have the power to reveal. This “hidden market” may be your best target. T or F ?
- Linked In may be much more effective than Job Boards for finding your next job. T or F ?
- Mass mailing your resume to potential employers is still the best way to find a job. T or F ?
- It’s best to keep your resume general vs. specific, thus casting a wide net. T or F ?
- Asking questions during the interview is a red flag that you may lack confidence. T or F ?
- The dreaded salary requirement question is best answered by ” I’m open”. T or F ?
- For job seekers new to the scene, avoid part time positions or volunteer work. T or F ?
- Companies generally use one standard method to interview candidates. T or F ?
- For new grads, without a work history, friends and family make the best references. T or F ?
- Best resumes focus on a steady progression of more responsible jobs. T or F ?
[How did you do? You may be surprised but only questions 1 and 2 are true. The others are false.]
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to schedule a free 20 minute consult. I’d love to help you accelerate your job search and land your dream career.